Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 21: Three weeks have passed already?

Today we began our renewable energy technology week beginning with solar power. The lecturer is a professor from the University of Maine, but he teaches some graduate courses in renewable energy in Iceland. The lesson was interesting, but I was pretty tired from last night and was having trouble taking everything in.

We had Icelandic class again today. We reviewed for our oral exam tomorrow and then our teacher Sigga showed us some educational websites to help aid us in learning Icelandic.

When class ended I headed over to our favorite cafe (with the hot chocolate) with a couple of friends Brenda and Julia and we just hung out and talked for a while (as well as studied). I had to leave at around 6:30 pm to be home for dinner.

Walking in the door, the house smelled like a bakery! Apparently Thorhallur's chickens had produced their first eggs over the weekend, so she decided to bake, and had cooked the best chocolate chip muffins. We ate a couple for desert after eating dinner (sandwiches).

Earlier in the blog I discussed the book Jar City which I had started to read when I arrived in Iceland. It was made into a movie a few years back, so my host mom Perla borrowed it from a friend and we watched it in the evening. The film is called Myrin and was very enjoyable. The plot was bent a little bit (to my disappointment), but the movie was filmed beautifully, capturing Iceland's unusual landscape and providing a mystical backdrop for the murder case.

Gotta study for the oral exam some more tomorrow! Bless bless!

1 comment:

  1. I'm already on the hunt to find Myrin.

    You're doing a great job with this Greg!

    Pretty impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete