Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 17: Off day

Due to the fact that we will be having class on the weekends for the next two weeks, Caitlin scheduled for us to have Thursday off. Although, it's not really an off day since we had about 200 pages of environmental policy articles and scientific journals.

Since the lingering effects of my cold flu (sinus infection) kept me up last night, I slept in this morning and spent my first couple of hours today watching the epic tennis match at Wimbledon. American John Isner and Frenchman Nicolas Mahut played a five set match that lasted 11 hours and 5 minutes. There is no tiebreaker in the fifth set at Wimbledon and you must win by two games. The two men played about an 8 hour fifth set that ended 70-68 to Isner. And that was only in the first round!

The rest of the day I just read the required readings online, nothing too exciting. I'm hoping tomorrow to go to the town pool. We leave Akureyri in a little over a week and there are still so many things I want to do here. I need to go to the bowling alley, go to the gym (which one student's host family owns), go to the thrift store, and try to set up another hike since I missed the first one when I was sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment