Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 14: Has it really been two weeks?

So today was rather uneventful. I stayed home from class since I'm still recovering. I'm preparing to go to bed now, and fortunately I feel much better than yesterday. I don't have a temperature anymore so as of now I'm planning to go to class tomorrow.

I did meet Freyja and Kari though, my host mom's two other kids who were staying with their dad in Reykjavik when I arrived. Freyja is 7 and Kari is 10, but neither of them speak English. They were both kind of shy around me but they seem friendly.

I spent most of the day sleeping and watching Wimbledon online. Today is Iceland's longest day of the year, so my class is going on a midnight hike this evening. I'm bummed that I'm missing out. They plan to began hiking up a mountain around 8:30 pm so that they can reach the peak around 12:00 am to see the midnight sun.

If I'm feeling up to it tomorrow I might go out to dinner with a few people and then see Toy Story 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment