Friday, July 9, 2010

Day 31: Project day at the Westfjords

Today was pretty straightforward. We arrived at the university at 9 am and worked on our projects until 4:30 pm. I retreated to the study room downstairs and researched online reading a bunch of whaling articles. Since I'm actually interested in my topic now, the day went rather quickly. I still have a lot of research to do before I start writing my paper though.

After lunch I took a short break and went "downtown" with a couple of the other students to check out a couple of stores and go the bakery. The local bakery in town had really cheap homemade pastries. I ordered a rye pretzel which was amazing. I bought a marzipan dessert for a friend and it was delicious as well. I've noticed that besides licorice, marzipan is popular in Iceland too.

My group was in charge of cooking again so we went to Bonus after class and bought food for spaghetti and salad. At home we didn't serve dinner until almost 8 pm because trying to get water to boil for pasta to feed 16 people (on an ancient stove) takes a while.

For the rest of the evening I just lounged around, played cards and thought about doing more research. Oh! And I managed to watch Big Brother due to a live feed I found online. Thank goodness!

I'll try to post more pictures the next few days but in the Westfjords we'll mainly just be working on our research projects.

Bless bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment