Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day 26: Traveling to Westfjords

It’s a good thing I packed last night, because we were supposed to meet at the university at 9 am to leave, and I woke up at 8:40 am. I quickly brushed my teeth, and then Nina came by to get me. I told everyone goodbye and thanked them for letting me stay, and then got in Nina’s family’s car and we headed to the university. We were a few minutes late, but several other people still hadn’t arrived. At around 9:30 am we were all set, so we loaded the bus and began our long (9 hour drive) to the Westfjords area.

I slept most of the morning, and around 12:30 pm we stopped at a rest area for lunch. There were some little stone people that had been painted and clothed which were quite amusing. After eating our sandwiches we got back in the bus and continued on.





To be honest I slept most of the day, and nothing really eventful happened on the drive to Westfjords. When I was awake the scenery was beautiful. It rained most of the day too, and at one point there was so much fog, that you couldn’t see more than five feet ahead of the bus. We arrived at the Westfjords safely though around 6:30 pm and took our luggage into our hostel. It’s really nice, and has a living room area, a kitchen and dining room, a game room, as well as several rooms with one, two or three beds. We’re surrounded by mountains, and not far from our hostel you can see the fjord.








Tomorrow is a free day, and The Fourth of July, so we’ll probably enjoy hanging out here (and I need to write my project proposal). I should probably go to bed soon, and try to get back into a regular sleeping pattern. Goda Nott!

No comments:

Post a Comment